Surprise! Find a Babybel cheese round stuffed into these burgers for a twist on a classic cheese burger.
- 1 egg
- 1 pound lean ground meat (I used turkey)
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 small onion, grated or finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 Babybel cheese rounds (I used the light Babybels in the blue wrapping)
- Lightly oil your grill and heat BBQ to medium
- Whisk your egg in a bowl and add the next 6 ingredients
- Gently mix the ingredients using your hands or a fork (handle the meat as little as possible. The more you handle it the tougher the meat can get)
- To shape the burgers, I lined a lid from an old peanut butter jar with plastic wrap. I placed 1/8th of the burger mixture into the bottom of the lid. I added 1 Babybel to the middle of the mixture and topped with another 1/8th of the burger mixture. I removed the plastic wrap from the lid and set the burger on a plate and continued to form my next 3 burgers. It would likely work just as well to shape the mixtures into burgers without the peanut butter lid.
- Cook the burgers on the BBQ for about 6-8 minutes per side.
- Enjoy immediately with a mutligrain bun or lettuce wrap for a low carb version. The burgers also work great crumbled over top of a salad.